Sandi Alexander Kwee, MD
Sandi Alexander Kwee, PhD, MD
- Clinical Adjunct Professor
Cancer Biology Program
University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Associate Professor
John A. Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Director for PET Research
The Queen's Medical Center
University of Pittsburgh
University of Hawaii
University of Hawaii
- Internal Medicine
John A. Burns School of Medicine
University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Nuclear Medicine and Nuclear Cardiology
University of Washington, Seattle
Dr. Kwee is the principal investigator of NCI funded clinical trials (NCT00928252 and NCT00928174) evaluating an investigational positron tomography (PET) diagnostic for liver and prostate cancers. Recent work has also involved the analysis of free circulating nucleic acids as a complement to imaging biomarkers, PET-guided radiation therapy planning, and using PET imaging as a means to annotate tissue gene expression profiling. Another research-relevant interest is biomedical ethics.
- Kwee SA, Lim J, Watanabe A, Kromer-Baker K, Coel MN. Prognosis Related to Metastatic Burden Measured by 18F-Fluorocholine PET/CT in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. J Nucl Med. 2014 Mar 27;55(6):905-910.
- Kwee SA, Hernandez B, Chan O, Wong L. Choline kinase alpha and hexokinase-2 protein expression in hepatocellular carcinoma: association with survival. PLoS One. 2012;7(10). e46591. PMCID:
- Kwee S, Song MA, Cheng I, Loo L, Tiirikainen M. Measurement of circulating cell-free DNA in relation to 18F-fluorocholine PET/CT imaging in chemotherapy-treated advanced prostate cancer. Clin Transl Sci. 2012 Feb;5(1):65-70.
- Kwee SA, Ko JP, Jiang CS, Watters M, Coel MN. Solitary Brain Lesions Enhancing at MR Imaging: Evaluation with Fluorine 18 Fluorocholine PET. Radiology. 2007 Aug;244(2):557-65.Kwee SA, Coel MN, Lim J, Ko JP. Prostate cancer localization with 18fluorine fluorocholine positron emission tomography. J Urology. 2005 Jan;173(1):252-5.
Publication list via PubMed
- S. Kwee, Principal Investigator
NIH, NCI R01CA161209
"Functional Genomics and Molecular Imaging of Liver Disease and Cancer"
July 2011 â€“ April 2016