The objective of the Cancer Biology Program is to elucidate mechanisms that drive cancer development and progression and translate the discoveries into better diagnostics and interventions.
The scientific program goals include:
- To generate novel mechanistic insight into the processes that drive tumor initiation, progression, and invasion.
- To translate these results into more effective preventive, early detection, and therapeutic modalities.
The program objectives include:
- To provide new knowledge concerning cancer development and progression
- To develop new diagnostics and therapeutics
- To initiate new clinical trials in Hawaii
The Program members focus on providing fundamental new knowledge concerning the basic mechanisms driving cancer development and progression. Members utilize these discoveries to study tumor cell responses to targeted treatments using in vitro cell based models and in vivo mouse cancer models. These pre-clinical studies will provide needed translation of basic research into new cancer therapies.
Cancer Biology Program
701 Ilalo Street
Honolulu, HI 96813